The lightboard is essentially an illuminated glass panel … the result after doing some editing work is that it looks like you’re writing on nothing … and it’s just kind of magically appearing there.Dr. Kristine Weglarz
In this episode of the Not-So-Distant Learning Podcast, Terry Greene chats with fellow eLearning Designer Dr. Kristine Weglarz about an exciting piece of equipment that Trent Online has at its disposal: the lightboard. We discuss how it works, what it can do, and how Trent Online can help faculty use it to make these captivating instructional videos.
Some resources for you to consider:
- Trent Online’s Course Design Process video we made on the lightboard
- Lightboard Maker Space Recording Guide from Central Michigan University
- The Lightboard Creating More Flexible Learning from Education Technology Solutions
- Lightboard: Helping Students See Key Concepts from the University of Waterloo
- Using the Lightboard for Inclusive Teaching from JoVE
- Sketchnoting with Giulia Forsythe
We hope you enjoy listening. If you’d like to get involved in a future episode, let us know by emailing online [at] trentu.ca. You can also comment below (and subscribe to this blog below, too!)
For a version of the chat with a transcript, please view it on Stream here.
Stay tuned for the next episode coming soon!